Ingredients for 2 persons :
150 g of polenta
80 cl semi-skimmed milk
2 chicken breast
2 tbsp. tablespoons neutral oil
50 g butter
4 tbsp. fine breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
Calories = Medium
- Sear your salted chicken breasts in the oil over very high heat for 2 minutes per side.
- Lower the heat, add 20 g of butter and continue cooking for 6 minutes, basting your meat regularly. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut your chicken breasts into pieces.
- Deglaze your pan with a little cold water, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to loosen all the cooking juices.
- Remove the first skin of your onion and slice it.
- Fry your onion in 10 g of butter with a little salt over medium/high heat for 8 minutes, taking care to stir regularly.
- In a saucepan, boil the milk with salt and pepper.
- Pour the polenta in a fine rain and cook for 3 minutes while constantly whisking.
- Add 20 g of butter then mix everything together, continuing to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Spread your chicken pieces and the pan-fried onion in the gratin dish. Baste the whole with the cooking juices of your meat.
- Top with a layer of polenta.
- Sprinkle the surface with breadcrumbs.
- Bake under the grill for 10 minutes.
Tips and advice for Polenta gratin with chicken
You can replace the milk with water or a milk/water mixture.