Ingredients for 4 persons :
1 free-range chicken cut into pieces by your butcher
150 g pearl onions
150 g of smoked bacon
200 g mushrooms from Paris
1 branch of thyme
1 bay leaf
10 cl of dry white wine
20 cl chicken broth
4 tbsp. tablespoons neutral grapeseed oil
6 sprigs of chives
salt and pepper
Calories = Medium
- Remove the first skin from your pearl onions.
- Cut your piece of smoked bacon into lardons.
- Cut the base of the stems of your mushrooms, wash them then cut them into quarters.
- In a casserole dish, brown your chicken pieces in the oil over high heat for 5 minutes. Reserve them.
- In the same casserole, slightly degreased but not cleaned, sauté the bacon bits and onions for 5 minutes, taking care to stir regularly.
- Add the white wine and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen all the cooking juices. Reduce the wine by half.
- Add the chicken pieces, mushrooms, thyme, bay leaf and chicken broth. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Decorate your casserole with a few sprigs of chives and minced chives. Add salt and pepper.
Tips and tricks for Grandma's Chicken Casserole
For a creamier sauce, add a little fresh cream at the end of cooking.