250g Couscous pre-cooked medium grain
800g Chicken breasts
5 tbsp. tablespoons olive oil
0,5 tbsp. coffee Cumin powder
1 bay leaf
0,5 tbsp. sweet pepper
4 sprigs of cilantro
- Calories = Medium
- Peel the onions and carrots, then slice them. Cut the courgettes into pieces. Scald the tomatoes, peel them, seed them and chop them.
- Heat 2 tbsp. tablespoon oil in a sauté pan. Brown the salted chicken breasts for 5 minutes, turning them over. Remove them and add 2 tbsp. of oil in the sauté pan just wiped dry. Brown the onions and carrots for 5 minutes, add the zucchini, continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, salt, chilli and cumin.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for 15 to 20 minutes covered.
- Pour the pre-cooked couscous into a fine strainer. Immerse it for 1 minute in a pot of boiling salted water. Drain. Incorporate the butter, fluffing the semolina with a fork.
- Garnish a hot dish. Add the vegetables and the minced chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve. Present separately a cup of harissa diluted with 1 tbsp. tablespoon olive oil.
Tips and tricks for instant chicken couscous
Even more practical, buy couscous in cooking bags.