150g Chicken fillets
4 slices Pineapple
3 branches of Chinese basil (or coriander)
2 Lemongrass stalks
50g Rice vermicelli
1 drizzle of oil
- Calories = Low
- Chop the salad. Cut the pineapple into cubes. Chop the garlic and the heart of the lemongrass stalks. Wash, dry and chop the Chinese basil (or cilantro). Peel and chop the onion.
- Cook the rice noodles as directed on the package. Drain them and let them cool.
- Fry the chicken fillets over low heat in a pan with a drizzle of oil and a drizzle of water. Avoid over-coloring them. Cut them into small dice.
- Prepare the sauce. Chop the chilli, removing the seeds, add the minced garlic, the sugar, the nuoc-mâm sauce, 2 tbsp. tablespoon water and lime juice. Mix.
- Arrange the salad in bowls, add the vermicelli, the diced chicken, the pineapple cubes and the onion strips. Sprinkle with chopped lemongrass and basil. Pour the sauce and serve.
Tips and advice for Vietnamese Chicken and Pineapple Salad
You can serve the salad in the hollowed out pineapple.
For a change, replace the chicken with beef. Cut it into thin strips and cook it to perfection.